Motorcycles

I’ve only owned Japanese bikes so far. I really like Honda. They have a Rebel 500 that’s very tempting. Somehow it doesn’t look as serious as most motorcycles to me. Too many bikes look like the guy is desperate for people to look at him. $6000 ish.

Cool to have someone to talk bikes with. Nobody else here cares at all.

get a two-seater
good for groceries and passengers

Yes. They make an interesting bike called the NC750X. 80 mpg and an automatic transmission. What looks like the tank is actually a cargo compartment big enough for a full face helmet. About $10k. It just looks so serious. I want something I’ll jump on to go to the grocery store without thinking about it. This thing looks like you should be spending 6 months planning your trek across Canada before you get on it.

Says James, in my opinion, there’s nothing in this world
Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl.
Now Nortons and Indians and Greeveses won’t do
They don’t have a soul like a Vincent '52.[5]

Gross. The dinosaur is dead.

1 Like

I was seriously looking at scooters and bikes. Not the time yet, but it is incentive to return to work.

They should make a recumbent motorcycle.

I didn’t know huffy was adding electric motors to their bikes.

I think this is better for you Reggie. You won’t have to worry as much about what you hit vehicle wise. Plus you can be a lot more evasive weaving in and out of traffic if need be. See how fast somebody can take off on a bike. You can ride it at your weight and its the same power if you scale it to reality. Too many fake riders look like they are sitting on coin operated machines.

Huffy Electric Bikes and Scooters (huffybikes.com)

36V Electric Comfort Bike for Adults, E4860 | Huffy (huffybikes.com)

This will hurt people’s feelings if they see you riding it.

While I don’t like those particular ones, I love electric bicycles, Mark. I am almost certainly going to buy a pair when we get home.

I’m partial to Specialized and Riese & Muller. I also notice BMW is now in the e-Bike game and that’s extremely tempting for me. I have always loved BMW and have owned many of them over the years.

The 26" would probably be better for me. That’s a good frame that your body can start to feel as its own skeletal. otherwise you just be pillows on top of a 900cc engine.

Too expensive Reggie. You don’t want something you have to think twice about ditching or let getting mangled up.

This is a fair point, Mark. A lot will depend what the prices are. Right now, an average quality e-Bike costs $2000-$3000. I’ve read the BMW will come in at about $3500. That might be worth it.

When you fall on your face trying to keep a cheap ceramic plate or or bowl from breaking you will understand my thinking. Can you drop your phone if somebody comes up from behind with a knife point or a choke?

I paid more for dental work than those ebikes you mentioned.
Deep cleaning, dental molds.
Its why I don’t have one.

Also you don’t need a license.

True, but that’s not an issue for me. I’ve had a motorcycle license for many decades.

that’s one ugly bike
everything it needs
nothing it doesn’t
it screams A to B don’t you get in my way
i would kill to own one
my momma may be fat, but i think it’s ugly, too
my momma was pretty
i don’t care if my bike is ugly

It probably would kill you if you did. Those look like drum brakes front & rear.

You should buy one bike you can ride like you wouldn’t ride the very nice one you are going to buy. Meaning you will try it on a dirt road. You can skid with it. You might go up or down a curb on it. You might throw it over a fence or just plain run it into somebody trying to take it from you at armed point.

Get the ebike that you can match in frame with your skeleton. Get it for hard abusive use.