Knives

I am into knives but I have never mastered sharpening. This guy is brilliant.

I just saw this and it just speaks to me. I love the look of this knife, and I’m generally not a Benchmade fan. I’m usually into titanium framelock flippers these days and this is none of those things but whatever, I like it.

So, I have come to the conclusion that this knife is illegal in Canada as it ships because it can do a gravity open if flicked strongly. To make it legal, I’d need to tighten the screw that controls the flicking action until it required using the thumb stud to open. That might not be a deal breaker for me, but it’s an interesting little point.

So just tighten the screw.

Yes, although flippers are legal in Canada, and a good flipper would open much more easily than this thing with the screw tightened. Really Canada’s knife laws are stupid.

Here’s a beautiful Chinese-made titanium framelock flipper that’s totally legal in Canada for the same price as the Benchmade.

Some guy is selling these on FB for $135 USD for the set. They’re damasteel. I’m trying to figure out why they’re not $1000.

Usually you get what you pay for.

Some great deals on there. I’ve made some money on there but I’m a better buyer than seller. I don’t negotiate when buying. I either like it and give them full price or say no thank you. I need to work on saying price firm when selling. I never lower the price.

Are they in Colombia? When are you going to Canada? Does your wife speak Canadian? Or English?

I’m headed to Canada soon but I don’t have an exact date. I’m hoping to get my skin graft in Colombia and head back healed but if they’re not going to do the skin graft because my HBA1C is too high, I’m just going to go anyway and switch over to Canadian health care. Everyone is fat there so maybe a high HBA1C isn’t so big a deal there.

I joined some FB groups about knives and will seek the opinion of smart people before buying. These knives look like they’re in Romania. I am actually in need of kitchen knives so maybe this will be ok.

Made from drilling line. Dusty received this from someone in the oilfield who makes them.

1 Like