Huxley's "brave new world" character "Mustapha Mark"

https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/bravenew/character/mustapha-mond/#:~:text=Mustapha%20Mond%20is%20the%20most%20powerful%20and%20intelligent,the%20kind%20of%20society%20represented%20in%20Shakespeare’s%20plays.

Most intelligent and most powerful is accomplished by not allowing full potential.

You have to understand it this way. It is an idle mind thing, not an iron mind.

And that’s why Reggie.

Are we waiting on the rapture or is it just you stuck on the rupture?
Flaccid leadership and ego got nothing to say on this one.

It’s just you wanting everyone to test out their intellectualism in embarrassing denial again. I suppose embarrassment is at least some feeling you can try to use a resource to continue.
Not appealing to me. Did you by Cliffsnotes?

The name as well. Mustafa or Mustapha means chosen in Arabic. Mond in German I believe means moon and monde in French can mean the world, or everyone, or people.

Chosen world, I chose everyone, chosen people. If you are going to put yourself in a position of supreme power and intellect it is a shame you have to do by leveling the playing field with carbon monoxide.
If it’s just Chosen Moon, then you can see what you want to as your own self image.

I wish you would stop speaking in circles and just say what you mean.

Maybe a character like this really existed.

Maybe but who can have a conversation about it. Perhaps I should take it line by line and then I can understand you.

Mustafa? Lion King? Tell me when I am getting warm here.

I did not know that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that word in the Bible.

Noted*

Okay. I think this sentence is at the very least, the first problem. Perhaps you could expand on your thinking here or just unscramble sentence. Either way, I’m willing to try and understand if you are willing to speak plain English.

I’m not sure who or what you are talking about here. You have no supreme power over me but your words do carry weight and sometimes it’s heavy. I do agree with the poisoning and do wish you would stop poisoning your own words with negative heart thoughts.

I’m sorry, Mark. I don’t understand this at all other than, our self image is what you make it, every day. You paint a picture with your words. If your words are negative, the image you receive in return will be negative.

The character. I picture as a statuesque Persian leader on a horse.

Why this Vulcan type guarantee character Reg? All you old pictures you look like a chubby Ferengi?

I am for a total ban of genetic engineering regardless of whether it is labeled “green biotech” or “medical”. We all should learn to live with our weaknesses. I do that on a daily matter and I do have many. Not so much physical, by psychical. I have been to treatments several times.

So, if you had cancer and there was a gene therapy that could cure you, you would choose instead to die?

Yes, I have set up an official “medical testament” with a doctor where I reject EVERYTHING including blood transfusions, forced feeding and organ transplantations. It is not biblical. When my creator draws me near him, I am eager to see him, finally. All I ask is that it happens quickly whenever it happens.

Sometimes I cannot wait to see my creator…

Well, good then. Do you at least have a suicide plan in case it’s painful?

I am not going to elabore here. All I am saying is that my greatest disagreement with other people of faith is on the suicide/ assisted suicide topic. I am not opposing it. People who do should care more about the sinless beings being aborted than about sinful old men.
Excercising god given free will and chosing not to be enslaved by an mighty evil system or by overpowering suffering anymore should be considered as a blessing from god of Satan not being able to keep us here in his dominion forever…

1 Like

Wise. I don’t have a real plan but I live on the 14th floor so permanent exit seems readily available.