Horses and horsemanship

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/horses-and-horsemanship/755/19?u=thinkingaboutit

if that was true then why do all horses need to be “broken” before anyone can ride them?

Thinki is vol stront, Gunda. So are you, generally, but he is more so in this case. He eats meat and then complains about you riding horses.

Old Westerns aren‘t a good source for informing about today‘s horsemanship and training methods, thinki. You surely find idiots who still do it the old traditional ways and who use brutal force. But a horse shows if it likes it‘s owner/rider or not and that‘s a good indication if it suffers or not having to carry him/her.

You seem to know a lot about horses, Gunda. Do you ride horses for sport or break them or both?

Gunda when is a horseneck clam healthy and optimal for a good digging?

Still so needy and primitive, Reggie? That‘s sad to see.

I‘ve been riding for about 15 years throughout my childhood and teenage years. It was only a hobby and not a sport.

Why did the nuns beat you then when they find your hymen was broken if that is true?

So how do you get a horse to do what you want it to do? Do you carry a whip with you when you ride?

complaining? and here i thought i was asking a question…

people need to eat animals and plants or they die, iam human and dont want to die so i eat and yes i have eaten horse meat as well;)

people dont need to abuse other animals to survive, they have music and movies and amazon gadgets for entertainment;)

old/new methods, calling it breaking or training… we remove horses from their natural environment for our own pleasure, besides flies and perhaps tiny birds i havent seen horses allow any other creatures on their back in nature and i cant see any enjoyment when they are ridden by humans…

how would a horse show it doesnt like to be ridden? throw off the humans and do it enough times and humans will say its mean and cant be trained and then it will be brought to a slaughterhouse?

Nonsense. Learn your boolean operators. People need to eat animals OR plants. Not AND. You could easily survive without eating animals.

its not a whip, its a guiding stick or crop… its not a muzzler, its a mouth piece or bit… its not sharp things pricking into flesh but spurs

its not abuse or torture, its sport and entertainment

And it’s not killing for your pleasure, it’s survival. And it’s also Nico lying to himself yet again.

its all about quality of life for yourself and all other creatures

whats lying to one is speaking the truth or acting like a troll to another…

I eat dead animals, Nico. Unlike you, I admit openly that I eat them for my pleasure. I don’t make silly and nonsensical arguments about having to eat them to survive. I could easily survive without eating them. In fact, many studies indicate that I’d be healthier if I stopped eating them. It’d certainly be far better for the environment for me to stop eating them.

I don’t lie about it, Nico. I admit my indulgences. I sure as hell don’t turn around and lecture others for riding horses when I participate in the death cycle of countless animals for my own pleasure.

You lie to yourself, Nico, and then you type self-righteous crap criticizing others for things like horseback riding when you are a consumer of death-for-sale for no reason other than your own pleasure.

lol reg reg reg
i never denied i enjoy eating meat or vegetables, why would i?
no matter if i or you like it or not or whatever you want to call it… we have to eat to survive, whether its meat or plants

i think choosing only to eat meat or only plants is hypocritical and lying to oneself

i find it interesting you see me expressing my opinions as lecturing or expressing crap;)

is it the little christian in you that thinks you know the only truth for everyone?
or the need to always be in control?
or do you feel you need to rescue women from this evil dutchie?
or you are just being a helpless troll?:wink:

for those that decide to only eat plants, be careful:

for those that decide to only eat meat:

you are probably fine as long as you also eat red/raw meat and some organs

In Oklahoma, it’s a whip and it’s used for herding cattle. I didn’t ask if she covered it’s face and I know what a bit is, Teacher. If you can believe it, I even know what spurs are. But in Oklahoma, they are used for survival, not sport.

Do you feel you need to speak for Gunda?