Good reads

He wasn’t tested. He was tortured.

WE were tortured, Democracy was tortured.

you asked, I answered.

Really? How did America suffer during his administration ?

lol

What awful thing did you personally have to endure?

I had to watch so many morons worship his fat ass.

with that I am done with you. You’re lost. crazy. hopeless and I am tired of it all. Goodbye

You just spoke three negative things into my life. I can only hope you are not lost. Lost is a terrible place to be. No one should ever have to go there. Night, Will.

Pavel Tsatsouline has good books. I learned new tricks and took my joint fitness to a new level. I bought one book on nook and it added a new facet to me permanently, very good deal.

I’m not usually into self-help type books but this one captured my attention, as I have been known to search for something to worry about when there has been nothing much to worry about, and I would really like to give a few less effs.

I haven’t read it yet, but I quite like the premise that there are *only so many things we can give an eff about, so we need to figure out which ones really matter.
*edited to add ‘only’

One of my current effs is that day one hubby caused a dog ear in the corner of my shiny new book! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the title. I’m already pretty good at not giving an eff. I tend to not sweat things I can’t change and try to enjoy the absurdity of them. I failed recently with Trump, now that I think of it. I hated him and couldn’t just sit back and enjoy the freak show. Perhaps I also need to work on my apathy.

omg a dog ear in the corner of your tree corpse! lol

just be careful, i think when someone manages to stop giving an f they basically stop living :wink:

lol @ tree corpse :rofl:

This is true, actually, but the key is to give an eff about the correct things.

It is the same as desire that way. When we are young, we desire everything. We want every car, every woman, every home, every boat, every luxury. When we get older, we learn to admire things without desiring them. I can look at a nice house and admire it without ever wanting to live there (and I don’t). I can look at a pretty young girl and admire her while shuddering at the thought of putting up with her bullshit (women over 40 are less decorative but vastly more pleasant to live with).

Similarly, while I would prefer if my cars and watches never got scratched, and that my phone always connected perfectly to the internet, and that the elevator always came within 10 seconds of my pushing the button, and that the grocery delivery person never forgot at least one item from my order, I have learned not to give an eff about those things.

I give an eff about achieving what I can before I die, experiencing as much as I can before I die, and becoming the most complete person I can be before I die. I especially give an eff about providing a comfortable home and financial legacy so my woman will be ok when I die. If I do that with a few scratches on my cars and watches, I don’t give an eff.

2 Likes

It’s only stupid because it was a made up story.

Mein Kampf wasn’t a story, Michele. It was Hitler’s world view.

It was a made up world view.

I’m in the bookstore. Don’t act surprised. Give me a good book to read. Preferably non-fiction.

The dictionary. It has all the other books inside.