Good Friday

The Crucification according to Matthew, the Tax Collector, John Mark, Luke, the Physician and John, the Evangelist fulfilling the prophesy of Isaiah and Psalms.

Then the governor’s soldiers took Yeshua into the Praetorium and gathered the whole cohort around Him. They stripped Him and put a scarlet robe around Him. And after braiding a crown of thorns, they placed it on His head and put a staff in His right hand. And falling on their knees before Him, they mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” They spat on Him, and they took the staff and beat Him over and over on the head. When they finished mocking Him, they stripped the robe off Him and put His own clothes back on Him. And they led Him away to crucify Him. As they came out, they found a man from Cyrene, Simon by name. They forced him into service, to carry Yeshua’s crossbeam.※ And when they came to a place called Golgotha (that is to say, Place of a Skull), they offered Him wine mixed with gall to drink;※ but after tasting, He was unwilling to drink it. And when they had crucified Him, they divided His clothing among themselves by casting lots.※ And they sat down and kept guard over Him there. Over His head they put the charge against Him, which read: “THIS IS YESHUA, THE KING OF THE JEWS.” Then two outlaws were executed with Him, one on the right and one on the left. Those passing by were jeering at Him,※ shaking their heads and saying, “You who are going to destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If you are Ben-Elohim, come down from the stake!” Likewise the ruling kohanim, along with the Torah scholars and elders, were also mocking Him. “He saved others,” they were saying, “but He can’t save Himself? He’s the King of Israel! Let Him come down now from the stake, and we’ll believe in Him! He trusts in God; let God rescue Him now, if He wants Him.※ For He said, ‘I am Ben-Elohim.’” Even the outlaws who were executed with Him were ridiculing Him in the same way.
Matthew 27: 27-44

The soldiers took Him away, into the palace, the governor’s mansion called the Praetorium. And they call together the cohort※ of soldiers. They dress Him up in purple. After braiding a crown of thorns, they put it on Him. And they began to salute Him, “Hail, King of the Jews!” Over and over, they kept hitting Him on the head with a staff and spitting on Him; and kneeling down, they worshiped Him. When they finished mocking Him, they stripped the purple off Him and put His own clothes back on Him. And they led Him out to crucify Him. Now Simon of Cyrene, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was coming in from the countryside. The soldiers force this passerby to carry Yeshua’s crossbeam.※ They bring Yeshua to the place called Golgotha (which is translated, Place of a Skull). They were offering Him wine mixed with myrrh, but He didn’t take it. Then they crucify Him and divide up His clothing among themselves, casting lots for them※ to see who should take what. Now it was the third hour※ when they nailed Him on the stake. And the inscription of the charge against Him was written above: “THE KING OF THE JEWS.” And with Him they execute two outlaws, one on His right and one on His left. ( 28 )※

And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

Those passing by were jeering at Him, shaking their heads and saying, “Ha! You who are going to destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself by coming down from the stake!” Likewise the ruling kohanim, along with the Torah scholars, were also mocking Him among themselves. “He saved others,” they were saying, “but He can’t save Himself? Let the Messiah, the King of Israel, come down now from the stake, so we may see and believe!” Even those executed with Him were ridiculing Him.
Mark 15: 16-32

When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified Him and the evildoers, one on His right and the other on His left.
Luke 23:33

Finally, Pilate handed Yeshua over to be crucified. Then they took Yeshua. He went out, carrying His own crossbar, to the Place of a Skull, which in Aramaic※ is called Golgotha. There they crucified Him, and with Him two others, one on each side and Yeshua in between. Pilate also wrote a sign and put it on the execution stake. It was written, “YESHUA HA-NATZRATI, THE KING OF THE JEWS.” Many Judeans read this sign, because the place where Yeshua was executed was near the city; it was written in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek. The ruling kohanim of the Judeans were saying to Pilate, “Don’t write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but that He said, ‘I am King of the Jews.’” “What I have written, I have written,” Pilate answered. So the soldiers, when they executed Yeshua, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part for each soldier. They took His tunic also, but it was seamless, woven top to bottom in one piece. So they said to one another, “Let’s not tear it, but cast lots for it to see whose it will be.” This was so the Scripture would be fulfilled, “They divided My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.”※ So the soldiers did these things.
John 19: 16-27

Therefore I will give Him a portion with the great,
and He will divide the spoil with the mighty— because He poured out His soul to death,
and was counted with transgressors.
Isaiah 53: 12

They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.
Psalms 22: 18

Church Lady - Begone!

You would miss me.

1 Like

Happy Easter!

thank you gunda, hoppy easter everyone!

You‘re welcome, thinki. I hope, he also came to you.:wink:

I realize I have lived a sheltered life. Not venturing out beyond Mexico has limited my understand of the rest of the world but it confuses me that you two are celebrating your pagan egg hunting holiday during the Christian observation of the Resurrection of Christ so I Googled and learned that the pagan holiday can be celebrated at any point between late March and April. I was just curious about it. I assume it probably just accidentally lands on the Christian Holy Day every year.

According to Wikipedia, the egg hunt can only be traced back to Martin Luther.

lol no need to be confused over that since i dont celebrate it (unless you consider posting a pic on bbad to be celebrating)

ps: it was no accident that christians stole and adopted this and several other pagan traditions… it is to win souls and collect money

1 Like

How does one win souls through egg hunting?

how does a pedophile use candy?

1 Like

Exactly. Not that the Pagan religions we’re any better than the Abrahamitic religions, but the purpose was to make it easier to gain followers. The Muslims holiest site originally was also pagan.

That’s very interesting, Gunda. So you pass down a tradition where you tell your children that boiling an egg for 3 minutes, painting over its hardened shell and then hiding it in tall grass, occasionally losing it, saves souls?

Okay so let me make sure I’m understanding how egg-hunting salvation works.
You hide an egg and after it becomes rotten you breath the stench of the eggs aroma as a sacrifice to receive salvation?
A humbling experience. I must learn moreaboutit.

i guesso, if thats how you believe pedophiles operate…

I have no idea how pedophiles work but it sounds like you do.

most likely the same way christians “give away” their bibles

I’m still not sure how that works but then aligning our Savior with a pedophile is not something I can comprehend. Maybe my thought process will evolve over time and I’ll be able to wrap my mind around it. Until then, I don’t get it nor do I care if I ever do.

yes, understanding abuse might be impossible for decent people… ignoring it is much easier

I unfortunately don‘t have children, but my brothers have. Neither them nor me are telling those children that Easter eggs save souls. When I put Easter rabbits and Easter eggs on some trees or bushes, then I don‘t have Jesus in mind. I simply love this tradition, as it’s cute and beautiful and the idea of a rabbit painting and bringing eggs for the joy of children is funny. It‘s simply a nice tradition. Just like the Christmas Tree. But anyway, why should a soul saving rabbit be more ridiculous than a deity?

https://images-2.eucerin.com/~/media/eucerin/local/de/landingpages/legende-osterhase/osterhase_mit_eiern.jpg?h=371&mw=290&w=290&hash=847C078FB85D6B4A160EABCECBF3CB8B

Brothers? Would it be safe to say you were raised a Tomboy? How many brothers do you have?

Oh, good because that would be deceitful.

What do you have in mind when you are hiding eggs?

It wouldn’t be ridiculous at all if it were true.