In the first three months of this year, I have:
- Made it back to Canada.
- Delivered a large project for a new client in Edmonton and been paid to my amazement.
- Fired that same client because he was torture to work with.
- Opened negotiations with an even larger client that I am hoping to close within a month or so.
- Totally renovated my condo, including new floors, kitchen, bathrooms and appliances. This one is still in progress so I’m cheating a bit mentioning it, but I’ve done all that I need to do on the project. Just waiting for others to do their part now.
- Got my ROC(Maritime) radio certification.
- Signed up for Spanish lessons hoping to get past intermediate this year.
- Started the process of purchasing a small office in downtown Vancouver. I am hoping to improve my financial position a bit with some real estate.
- Installed a beautiful Google Maps capable Android system in the car that looks like a factory install.
- Bought a pair of bicycles and all the toys needed to go riding this summer.
I still hope to:
- Get my ROC(Aeronautical) radio certification for no reason whatsoever.
- Get my Advanced Amateur and Morse certifications.
- Finish my wife’s papers to get her legal in Canada.
- Deliver that deal for the new client mentioned above, and the usual deals for my existing clients.
- Get fluent in Spanish.
- Get back to Colombia. I love it there. I love it here, too, but I love it there.
What have you done this year and what are you hoping to still do before the year is out? I know Dan got a big promotion in his career so he’s already ahead of me.