Goals

In the first three months of this year, I have:

• Made it back to Canada.
  • Delivered a large project for a new client in Edmonton and been paid to my amazement.
  • Fired that same client because he was torture to work with.
  • Opened negotiations with an even larger client that I am hoping to close within a month or so.
  • Totally renovated my condo, including new floors, kitchen, bathrooms and appliances. This one is still in progress so I’m cheating a bit mentioning it, but I’ve done all that I need to do on the project. Just waiting for others to do their part now.
  • Got my ROC(Maritime) radio certification.
  • Signed up for Spanish lessons hoping to get past intermediate this year.
  • Started the process of purchasing a small office in downtown Vancouver. I am hoping to improve my financial position a bit with some real estate.
  • Installed a beautiful Google Maps capable Android system in the car that looks like a factory install.
  • Bought a pair of bicycles and all the toys needed to go riding this summer.

I still hope to:

• Get my ROC(Aeronautical) radio certification for no reason whatsoever.
  • Get my Advanced Amateur and Morse certifications.
  • Finish my wife’s papers to get her legal in Canada.
  • Deliver that deal for the new client mentioned above, and the usual deals for my existing clients.
  • Get fluent in Spanish.
  • Get back to Colombia. I love it there. I love it here, too, but I love it there.

What have you done this year and what are you hoping to still do before the year is out? I know Dan got a big promotion in his career so he’s already ahead of me.

Sat on my ass. Waiting to die. One step closer.

1 Like

You got your radio fixed! You’re planning on doing some CW. You even have some antenna ideas as I recall.

All true. I would like to recover the code speed I once had. Should happen fairly quickly. It comes back fast. (thanks for that at least). My radio is fixed but the cable that connects the keyer to the radio has a short. New cable ordered. frustrating. I have new antenna (tw, formerly trans world) now sold by dx engineering. I also want to throw a 40 meter end fed into a tree. There are goals to be had within that hobby. Nothing of import. I don’t care. That’s the crux of the matter. Anymore, I just don’t care.

I get that. I care a lot less about many things but I care more about some things than I ever did before. The best way to die is to give less and less of a damn about things until you finally don’t care at all and die.

1 Like

doing my best.

1 Like

I care about Angie and my children. Thus I live.

2 Likes

Accomplishments

• promotion started last sunday. Only difference I have noticed is other labs contact me more than before. I’m not actually sure who they contacted.

• my wife got her 2nd shot March 31st

Upcoming goals

• going to Florida on April 19 to see father in law. Pompano beach

Upcoming projects

• improve the landscaping around the hot tub. I just ordered a new hot tub cover. Sunday night the wind ripped my cover off the hot tub. It ended up landing on a hook on the fence and punctured a hole. So it was exposed for 16 hours. Lots of debris despite the privacy fence.

• build a cedar cooler chest and free little library if lumber cost ever goes down.

• go to the gym if things keep improving. I feel safe but I’m not exercising in a mask.

• use my 3d printer.

I’ll think of others soon.

I don’t know what it’s like these days but construction sites used to throw out a lot of wood.

I can look around. I’d like to make some garage shelves too.

Also the inlaws car goes away april 17th. Excellent.

I need to get some trees cut. Would be nice if it was less than 5000 dollars.

1 Like

Bet you can buy a chainsaw for a few hundred. I also bet you have life insurance in case it goes badly.

I could do 4 of the 6 trees myself. I can borrow the chainsaw. I have nowhere to put the trees. I suppose I couild chop them up and post for pickup for free on marketplace and craigslist. There is no way I can cut the other two.

How much per month is your condo fee?

About $400 USD. Normal for this area.

Funny, I thought about this when looking at the news just now. Rapper DMX is on life support. I remember him from 25 years ago. Stupid gangsta music. I rather liked one of his songs at the time but I outgrew that phase of my life. Anyway, now that he’s dying, I find I just don’t care at all. I don’t wish him death. I don’t wish him life. I don’t wish him anything at all. I just truly do not care if he lives or dies, and either of those outcomes is fine with me. Odd to find myself so apathetic. In the past, I had opinions and preferences about most things.