German music

I just posted three women singing Auf Uns with no comments at all about them being women and your reply is that I’m a misogynist. lol.

Another sappy Auf Uns cover, this time by a guy. It’s not bad but I prefer women’s voices.

And a truly horrible metal version.

And an amateur choir version.

And another sappy version, this time by a young girl which is how sappy music should be sung.

And a cello version. I like this one.

And a Zoom version.

And an electric piano version.

I’m losing track.

Yes, as it boggles my mind that someone who is so sensible regarding racism is not just blind when it comes to women or homosexuals, but even acts the same he blames the racist for.

Do you support trans women participating in women’s sports, Gunda?

Nope.

Then what is your complaint, Gunda? As far as I can tell, my opinions align with yours on gays/trans.

Contrary to you I don‘t call them degenerated, perverse or libel them and even countries and their societies only because they grant them equal rights. I also don‘t feel the need to criticize music videos which shows homosexual couples (beside heterosexuals).

My favourite song by him.

I am so glad, that summer heat is finally over. Have a long list to do today, as the damn heat of the past 2 months made me not wanting to do anything. Bye, bye summer.

And to balance my good mood, here some sad song. First in french, then in german. I am looking forward to his concert in Munich this October, on my first vacation day.

What a beautiful song that is. Words can‘t express how it effects my soul. I love the French version, but it can‘t compete the German one by far. I post both versions again. I even found one with English subtitles.

How I would love to be able to live at the seaside. Sigh. I don‘t even was able to make it to France yet.

Lol, I just found out, that there also exists a french version of this story about German burocracy (btw., that formular he sings about did really exist). :laughing: This song is a prime example why Mey is famous for his story telling… and wit. Although I love him mostly because of his thoughtful and sensible stories, both the love as well as the social themed ones, sometimes I want him to make me laugh. And this one does it as no other song by anyone else does. :joy: :rofl:

A gem. I love this song so much.

On Monday night I attended Mey‘s last Tournee concert in Munich, Olympiahalle. It was more a prayer than a concert. The people weren‘t coughing or making other noises. And at the end, where Mey asked us to sing along, we did it animated and solemnly, not loud, to not to destroy the intensity of the farewell we all felt. I hardly believe he get‘s 80 soon this year. Incredible.

Found this video taped from his concert this year in Hannover. He‘s best when playing minimalistic. One man, one instrument.

It’s saturday morning, and as always at the weekends, I try to beat dead time since feeding my pets at 06:45 am, by googling news, interesting topics or listening to music on Youtube as silent as possible, in order not to awake my flat mate. Doing this I found this very old song by Mey about relatives living in the countryside, where he always enjoyed to stay and sometimes wishes to be in unpleasent moments or when he feels bored. When I was young I felt Fernweh a lot, but I totally lost it ages ago. Just the yearning for sandy beaches and the endless horizon of the sea (seen from the save beach), is left. Anyway, nothing best than feeling at home, with loving family members around you. Like the family of Ilse & Willi he sings about. A funny song about a nice place to be.

A handful of children in the small kitchen
Laughter and roister, and brother-in-law Roberts sayings
Grandma in the window sill, in the basket snores the dog
Ulla covers the kitchen table, it goes round again
Coffee on the stove and roast in the oven
No place in the world where I’d rather be now, I swear!
Feet under the table, fork in hand
With Ilse and Willi on the Land!

Papers are piled up in front of me on the desk
It’s high time that I at least sort the
Do I start from the back or from the front?
It doesn’t matter, I lost the Overview a long time ago
I clean them from one side to the other
Fabulous how tirelessly I work
Until the whole junk blurred before my eyes
And a picture appears that makes me happy:
Laughter and roister, and brother-in-law Roberts sayings

Autobahnkreuz Frankfurt-Süd, car to car
For two hours I feel how we take root
Nice to hear from the Radio now:
"We recommend driving around the traffic jam!»
Gummy bears, Chips and cookies eaten
Thermos empty, and my buttocks are sown
I know the newspaper by heart, my stomach growls
And now Peter Alexander sings, and I must also pee.
Laughter and roister. and brother-in-law Roberts sayings

Since this morning, without interruption
I’m bored deadly in this meeting
And while trying to babble something interesting,
I’ve already fallen twice before on the table
I can’t blink, I can’t think anymore
No more playing battleship with the table neighbour.
Now I say to myself: "I want to get out of here
Which of the gentlemen takes me piggyback and carries me home?»
Laughter and roister. and brother-in-law Roberts sayings