Gay wedding cake

You said it right here!

This is true! I wasn’t trying to sugarcoat the issue with my own personal belief. I do believe that is the way it is but I know that’s not what you are talking about.

I support his right to his decision. Not his decision. He seems like an asshole. I would not shop there. It’s not even a wedding cake. Do you support his decision? Or just his right?

It’s his shop. I support his decision and his right to make that decision.

Is it ok to deny service to someone who has no shoes or shirt on? Isn’t it the shop owners right to make that decision and that’s ok, but when it’s a moral issue it’s no longer our right because it offends homosexuals. Don’t they have signs up in stores that say “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone?”

Is it ok to deny service to someone who has no shoes or shirt on?

Yes

Isn’t it the shop owners right to make that decision and that’s ok, but when it’s a moral issue it’s no longer our right because it offends homosexuals.

If he wants to make less money by not baking the transexual a cake, he should be allowed to, no matter how ridiculous his reason is.

I know it’s not true but I feel like we are on the same page, if only for a split second lol

Somewhat. We have the same conclusion on this.

If the guy was a nazi and refused to serve blacks and jews, that is where there is some gray area for me. There really isn’t much difference for me between those two. Either way it is a bigot refusing to serve someone. The latter might cause violence and if that is the case it might be better to force him to serve blacks and jews.

Here is the case…

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-colorado-baker/colorado-baker-in-case-of-supreme-court-sues-state-over-persecution-idUSKBN1L1036

This case has nothing at all to do with blacks or Jews. Why are you entertaining that scenario? It’s also wrong to force a man to do something he doesn’t want to do. I don’t care if he’s black and a Jew. What gives them more rights than him? And I can see if he said something insulting to someone over their sexual preference, but you judge him a bigot because he doesn’t want to acknowledge their abomination and that is disturbing. It’s a sad time in history when a man with moral values either has to sacrifice his belief for peace or his right to deny service in order to rise above bigotry.

Michele, what are you on about? If you want to focus only on this case and nothing else, well, everyone commenting so far has agreed he should have the right to refuse to bake this cake.

I just wanted to know why he injected a whole new scenario…you know, I really don’t care. I agree!

I don’t speak for him, but to me it’s obvious why. Every such case has two components, the immediate case at hand and then the ramifications the precedent may have on other cases. The big picture, if you will. If we let this guy refuse service to gay or trans guys, would he then be allowed to refuse service to blacks or Jews? These are the kinds of big-picture questions one must ask before rendering any judgment.

Do you feel that it could lead to blacks and Jews being rejected? Because I think we are past things like that. I don’t know who keeps planting insecurities into the minds of black people about their rights but the war going on is against Christians like the baker.