Favorite Comments

What’s the wind speed in Orlando?

He ran out of money, of course. Right now I’m offering him the amount the apartment will be worth minus my upcoming construction costs. Not one cent more. If I get the deal, I should have a gorgeous apartment finished to high standards for about $100k US. If I don’t get the deal, I’ll just rent for another year and life will be fine. lol. It’ll be a big loss for him but he’s in a bad position so he might accept. It’s not my fault he’s in this situation, though, and I’m only willing to pay what I feel it’s worth.

This hurricane is unique in my experience. Initially it was supposed to get to Orlando on Saturday. Now it’s tuesday/wenesday. It squats over the Bahamas now gathering strength and slowing down to 5mph. Sustained winds of 184 (such an exact number). Grinding them down. The projected path which 2 days ago comforted me is becoming uncomfortably closer. I have a battery powered weather radio, flashlights, lanterns, canned and dry food. I have guns, I have a cat who will be under the bed. I dread the upcoming power outage more than the storm itself. I could take a tree limb in the kisser better than 10 days without power. How could I bitch and whine to you guys without power?

I think you’re exactly right. I hope you get it.

1 Like

Looks like a great place to live.

How are we going to know you are alive?

It’s still calm right now. Expect it to get exciting around tuesday night.

If you smell a dead skunk on a southerly breeze I’m probably gone. If you smell a dead possum, it’s just BO.

Tuesday? Should I call you on Wed then?

(For those who don’t understand, I called Will to wish him luck and told him I’d call tomorrow to see if he’s still alive, but if it’s going to hit Tuesday, maybe I should wait two more days to see if he’s still alive.)

Edited to add: This thing looks scary as hell.

You can try Wednesday, but not sure if we’ll have service. Thursday better. If longer, I’ll call you when able.

Perfect. We’ll keep watching it until then.

Would be a timely and horrible POM that would be.

The northwest quadrant does the most damage. Doesn’t it just look like natures sawblade? What an awesome and dreadful force mother nature can be.

Done.

And what a timely POM change. Lol

1 Like

Charging the video camera. Will try to post what it looks like here. I am optimistic. Thank you all for your good wishes. I am sure we will be fine.

1 Like

Wind speed has dropped to a mere 160 mph with 1 mph forward movement. Should turn soon. Feeling better. Supposedly a cat 3 when it passes me. Three cases of beer, 3 bottles of 12 year old single malt scotch and more marijuana than I could possibly need.

That is still up to 129 mph. How does your wife feel about staying?

I’m going to put a little faith in the meaning of the name Dorian, which is “child of the sea” and believe it’s not going to make landfall.

Angie is fine with the decision. Interesting. I didn’t know about the name. I choose to believe it will sweep up the coast and give us tropical storm strength winds. Maintaining our sense of humor is the main thing.

1 Like

He said no. Unless he comes back with his mind changed (which is possible), this is over.

This. We’re heading to Canada soon though so that could change even the rental plans. We’ll see.