Dubai

Dubai used to appeal to me a lot. It’s been fading over the years to the point now where I don’t care about it at all. The Muslim world in general is just of no interest to me these days. Anyway, turns out their famous ruler is a nut job. No real surprise.

nhnhbbvn

“In a statement issued after the judgements were published, Sheikh Mohammed said: “As a head of government, I was not able to participate in the court’s fact-finding process. This has resulted in the release of a ‘fact-finding’ judgment which inevitably only tells one side of the story.”

He insisted the case was a private matter. “I ask that the media respect the privacy of our children and do not intrude into their lives in the UK,” he said.”

I thought this was an interesting request and immediately thought about how he would feel if others wanted to be treated with the same respect for their private matters and what do you know but before I finished the article I had my answer.

“The court heard how the Sheikh had used his media contacts to generate a series of negative articles about Princess Haya, many of which were “wholly inaccurate”.”

What makes him so special that his private matters are more important than anyone else’s? IMHO, nothing.
What kind of special person generates a series of negative and in accurate articles about his ex-wife? Talk about heartless. She obviously left him for good reason. The article reads like he made his wives miserable. Here’s to hoping every secret is revealed.:coffee:

1 Like

An interesting take on Dubai. @Gundi, you should watch this. He aligns with your viewpoint.

lol when you typed that i was expecting to see something extraordinary about how feminism and dubai would go together

instead i got something else but still an interesting informative clip, the narrator is a bit rude and nags a lot lol but i think he is asking a lot of good questions :wink:

Maktoum appears to be a nut.

Video doesn’t exist anymore. But aß IT was about Dubai/UAE it can’t be of any good.

That may be true. I wouldn’t know. I’ve never been there but I’m assuming you have. They may have done one good thing though.

The weather modifiers just can’t seem to resist targeting Dubai.