Demographics

I used to think this was the end of the world. I no longer do. AI/robots will do everything. We are becoming unnecessary so who cares if there are fewer of us?

having lots of topics reveals my feelings

We’re all at the brink, not just Japan. We will die out soon enough.

Possibly. I don’t think we’ll fully die off, but nature has its own way of balancing itself. Humans will have a drastic population decline. 8 billion is unsustainable

1 Like

I don’t think 8 billion is unsustainable, but it’s unnecessary. The only reason I fear us dying off is apathy. I’m not sure what the purpose of humanity will be when AI is the dominant life in the universe. The answer to every question will be “ask AI” and the solution to every problem will be “get AI to do it”. I don’t know if that’s going to be enough to make humans want to live.

It won’t. Apathy has become the mass psychosis. People lack meaning in their lives.

The AI future will cause the greatest rates of suicide ever. Those who haven’t found meaning will kill themselves.

Those who have found meaning, or understand the absurdity of life, will continue on.

Imo, AI will bring about the greatest evolution of humans. It won’t be pretty tho.

All survival depends on understanding the absurdity of life? That is absurd, to me.

Be thankful, you have legalized assisted suicide.

The absurdity is that life has no inherent or intrinsic meaning. We’re simply born, and immediately begin the process of death. Life is given meaning by the individual participating in it.

Most people I’ve come across don’t get this. They believe in some pre-ordained “life path” that was set before them. That’s a destructive fallacy.

You just made this more interesting since that seems so far removed from the truth I can’t even comprehend how you justify such nonsense but I’m certain you can and will.

I agree but if life has no meaning, what’s the purpose of living?

Only if the person participation is seeking the truth to life.

Why would anyone want to?

A destructive fallacy is accepting that life is an absurdity.

Yes!

The purpose of life appears, on the surface, to be the production of more life. To “go forth and multiply”. Why we should give a rip about that is uncertain, but we are totally wired to obsess about all things pertaining thereto. Finding a mate and having sex pervades every aspect of our lives until we are no longer of breeding age and our sex drive subsides, at which point it all seems a bit absurd.

What do you feel the purpose of life is, then, if what I wrote is far from the truth? I hold no ill will on any of this as it’s subjective to each individual.

The purpose of living is whatever purpose (or lack thereof) you give it. Hence, there is no inherent or intrinsic purpose to life, with the exception of biological basics like survival/procreation.

Lol most people don’t want to, because the idea of “life having purpose” in the modern age is simply a house of cards propping the ego up. You kill the ego, you kill the man. That’s both good and bad.

A destructive fallacy is believing life has an inherent purpose outside of basic biological means. That (imo) false belief leads people to pursue and prioritize things like money, power, status over more fulfilling things such as charity, selfless service, and kindness.

This is the true absurdity of life only a man can grasp.

I am the inherent purpose in life. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Haven’t you given life purpose by acknowledging the need to procreate? Doesn’t our inherent need to fight for our lives give us purpose? If there is no inherent purpose in life, why do you even get out of bed in the morning?

Yeah? For who and why?

Interesting take. What do you think makes you the inherent purpose in life?

In my opinion, no. It doesn’t give us purpose. The need to procreate is biologically engrained in our genes. It’s an involuntary purpose, like breathing or blinking your eyes.

We share these same involuntary purposes with animals, but because we have consciousness and complex thought, purpose to humans has higher meaning.

That depends on the person.

Not what. Who. God. Jesus is the Life. I am His purpose, as you are and everyone is. That is why He died.

gods cannot die, needy people keep them alive in their minds

Christ was revealed in the flesh and it is true, I needy Him dearly.

r’amen

Is that you?

no… its your jesus!

It’s in your image.