Cosby

3 to 10 years. Too long! It’s a state prison. What a waste. That money could be used on something useful, as well as the prison cell.

I can’t agree more. If you base this on the absurd concept of “justice”, it’s fair. If you base it on what’s right for the human race, it’s ridiculous.

So letting a serial rapist go free is what’s right for the human race?

Let him go, yes, in the sense that I don’t believe in prison as a form of punishment except where public safety is at stake (which is certainly not the case here). I would find another way to punish him that doesn’t involve incarcerating people (which as far as I can see almost never achieves anything). Perhaps make him give half his fortune to his victims.

I see your point but unfortunately all we have is the system we have in place. So fuck him. Seriously you guys, fuck him.

He seems like an awful person.

Our justice is based on punishment. Not what is best for society.

I wonder if he applied blackout pressure techniques. :thinking:

This is interesting. Looks like it just happened. More details will surely emerge soon.

Holy excrement.

“There is only one remedy that can completely restore Cosby to the status quo ante. He must be discharged, and any future prosecution on these particular charges must be barred”, the 79-page finding reads.

In their decision, the judges also found that testimony from accusers unrelated to the case had tainted the trial.

“Cosby’s convictions and judgment of sentence are vacated, and he is discharged,” the court said.

These yanks move fast. He’s already out of prison!

That was fast. If the likelihood that he would perform these crimes again is zero percent, I would release him. Otherwise, he should still be in jail.

I think the me too movement has lost some steam. The pandemic and george floyd probably quieted it down.

1 Like

cosby sounds like the perfect host for a new show about #movements

He was released on a technicality. In other words, it doesn’t matter if the jury found him guilty of a crime.
I found it interesting that one judge made the conscious decision to withhold a woman’s life from her and another gave a rapist his life back.

It wasn’t a technicality. The court found that the state was bound by a prior agreement it had made to not prosecute.

I get the part about giving a rapist his life back. Cosby does appear to be a rapist and a scumbag. I don’t get the woman part, though. Who are you saying had their life withheld?

His TV wife appears to support him.

Interesting reason to want to fire someone. I think a good reason to fire someone is they suck at their job.

That ship sailed long ago, as you surely know.

1 Like

https://www.oann.com/rep-gaetz-invites-britney-spears-to-testify-before-congress/