Chrome OS

Or I can go back to futilely trying to learn programming while still being so stupid I can’t even operate an espresso machine.

You must be reading books that impact you in a negative way. Have you tried ignoring what you read?

Sorry you can’t read. Just try to get others to read through you.

Impacted ? What? This is an OS thread.

Apology accepted. What if I prefer you read through me?

Back on with my new HP laptop. Maybe chrome OS would be easier. My future is computing.

1 Like

Congratulations, Mark!

Im using edge

Same difference. Edge is Chromium based these days.

I found some books for dummies on Amazon and they have two laminated cheat sheets for windows and office often bought together. I want a paperback I can flip through and refererence while working on my computer. Barnes and nobles is open now. I might stop by and walk this week. Still have no pdf editor i know of and no office.

Mark, both Google Docs and MS Office Online are available for free on the web. Unless you really want to learn the binary version of MS Offiice, you might start with those. Both also save any document as a PDF so the need for a PDF editor is lessened. You can import most PDFs into them, make your changes, and export a PDF back out.

You tell me what I need to learn then higher me. If the business goes under we start a landscaping and floor waxing and concrete polishing service that utilitizes two way radio.

Why don’t you lease a parking lot?

I don’t see much of a future for that business, Mark. I envision a world with very little parking in the mid-term future.

You will get approached by I T. It would cut overhead if you could tell them you can do it yourself.

I was just kidding. I’m too lowly for dreams like that.

Any word on when you can return to work, Mark?

What do I know anyway?

Let’s talk about stocks sometime I’m going to reread the books I bought because I had zero retention and understanding.

Let me talk about taking stock in ourselves first.

Extension to Aug.1 furlough.

Back to OS. Later when my computer is hopefully no longer dangerous (it might still be deadly even like some TV’s still hold a deadly charge and try to electrocute you well after they are unplugged) and not possibly transmitting corona or covid I might open it up and remove the hard drive and then power it on. I am hoping a display comes up or if there is a way to reset the driver on the graphics card if that is the problem.

If I do get a display I was considering buying some OS sticks XTRA-PC
https://www.xtra-pc.com/

I remember when I was low level formatting and installing windows I tried a linux install that did not go to well. I even made a ubuntu linux memory stick. I have also seen a LINUX MINT CINNAMON stick that supposedly would function the same way or I could install on my new laptop to learn linux cinnamon

If it works or not I might buy it anyway so I can repair a laptop the folks are using when it breaks down with just a quick plug and play without argument or troubleshoot hassle. It looks very simple.