Cars

Not so much right now. Until all cars are autonomous, I feel like I could avoid the horrible drivers better than a self driving car. If I am wrong about that, then yes I think they are great, but I don’t know enough about them. This one practically seems like public transportation. Fits 12 and doesnt need a driver. It would be great if you wanted to get smashed with friends.

1 Like

Might make a good Uber but I’d want a smaller private car.

2 Likes

Depends on what you mean by getting smashed.

2 Likes

Ford just gave rivian a half billion dollars to I would assume help them make the f150 electric. Rivian is the first company to make an electric pickup truck, but I believe that is all they have done. They rejected an offer from general motors. Probably a good move. I think it is bold on Ford’s part, but maybe they have no choice. Maybe they can hire back some layoffs after they get started.

If you go to 1130 minute mark, it shows the truck. 61000 dollars. 14000 lbs of torque. A bit luxury for a pickup I would say. Should be able to pull a ton.

No way. I would miss the rumble of my mighty Ram.

Bed will probably look like shit in a week. I like the concept, but I think it will fail. My guess is most will agree with you. They would need to sell well in Texas and I doubt that would happen.

Also most people give up on their cars around 150000, so if you have a lithium battery going down the shitter at 150000, not a big deal. There are a lot of 300000 mile pick up trucks on the road. I cant see the battery lasting that long with this ridiculous acceleration and pull. I guess we will see.

How old is your ram? Fiat took over Chrysler. An odd combination.

This week in Virginia a 56 year old man stabbed his girlfriend 6 inches deep. He then went upstairs to get his gun and shot her 5 times. Also shot her son. Everybody lived. Apparently, they had a disagreement about which was better. Chevy or Ford. I wondered what the guy thought. I also wondered what make the cop car at the scene was. So many unanswered questions. I should have done the reporting. Too many talking robots.

Weird thread.

I’ve heard cars are VERY expensive in south america.

1995 Ram 1500 with R/T package. Bought it new, paid cash ($23,500). 143,000 miles. After 3000 mile break in, synthetic oil ever since. K&N air filter. Cold air intake. Ice cold A/C. New paint in January this year. Needs upholstery on drivers seat otherwise good inside. My last vehicle. Since I don’t have payments I can afford to keep it in tip top shape.

1 Like

That’s what I love about BBAD.

1 Like

Although the attempted murders do have an automotive theme.

1 Like

Ridiculously so. And used cars hold their value. Cars that would be considered economy cars in the US are luxury cars here. Pay extra for Uber black (their luxury service) and you might get a VW Gol (no error, the Gol is a model one step down from the Golf).

All this is fine with me since driving here is torture and I avoid it as much as possible.

1 Like

Uber and Lyft are going on strike on Wednesday. I did not know they were union and I’m surprised they are both going on strike at the same time. I guess they are underpaid. Don’t know all the details.

I didn’t know you could survive as an uber driver only. I thought it was just a side job. Tesla could eventually put an end to Uber and Lyft. I think East Asia will lead the way in that way.

I hope that’s not worldwide. I have a hospital visit on Wednesday and I need Uber to get me there. It’s not a disaster though. We have several other additional options here in South America.

It’s from 7 am to 9 am. I suppose at their local time. You will probably be fine.

Yes, likely, and if not, there’s a competitor called Beat here, and the regular taxis have an app called Cabify so there are lots of options.