Book of Luke - interesting stuff

Free my foot…nothing is free. I’m sure I can pay tomorrow or Tuesday.

So I’ve been reading about Dan.

Ok. Pay me tuesday for a hamburger today.

Oh your aren’t finished. Sorry.

Haha okie Popeye.

what about Dan.

The Tribe of Dan

waiting

144,000 from every tribe of Bnei-Yisrael—

5 12,000 from the tribe of Judah;

12,000 from the tribe of Reuben;

12,000 from the tribe of Gad;

6 12,000 from the tribe of Asher;

12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali;

12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh;

7 12,000 from the tribe of Simeon;

12,000 from the tribe of Levi;

12,000 from the tribe of Issachar;

8 12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun;

12,000 from the tribe of Joseph;

12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin.

Dan is not included in the 144,000

My grandson is named Asher.

Names are important. I didn’t really pay attention to it until my kids were half grown and I looked there names up.

All through the Bible, a man’s name was significant to their character, race or actions.

Dan was like a kid who was never made to clean his room.

As an adult he became rebellious and was spiritually very weak.

I shouldn’t say Dan. I should have said The Tribe of Dan because that’s what I’m talking about. The entire Tribe.

still here

Now the 600 men of the children of Dan, armed with their weapons of war, were standing by the entrance of the gate. 17 The five men who had gone to spy out the land went up and entered there. They took the carved image, the ephod, the household idols and the molten image, while the priest was standing by the entrance of the gate with the 600 men armed with weapons of war.

18 Now after these had gone into Micah’s house and taken the carved image, the ephod, the household idols and the molten image, the priest said to them, “What are you doing?”

19 “Be quiet!” they said to him. “Put your hand on your mouth and go with us and be to us a father and a priest! Is it better for you to be priest to the house of one man or to be priest to a tribe and a clan in Israel?”20 So the priest’s heart was glad, and he took the ephod, the household idols and the carved image, and went along among the people.
Judges 18: 16-20

They were the first tribe to rebel against God.

The Bible says the first will be the last and the last first.

According to the Bible, the Tribe of Dan will be the last to receive their inheritance.

Where Daniel…hahaha sorry just messin with ya

Brb…