William Sellers

I’m sad to report the death of my friend, William Sellers aka MyBigMoon. I got an email from Angie, his partner of 22 years, informing me of his death (see below with her permission). I called her immediately and we spoke for the better part of an hour. She’s heartbroken and sad.

William Sellers

She asked if I could post some photos/articles here that she would send me. I gratefully agreed and will do so when she is able to.

On a personal note, I loved Will and valued his friendship greatly. We had never met in person but we spoke on the phone many, many times and I always looked forward to the next time we’d talk. Will had a short fuse and didn’t suffer fools kindly but his ardent support for universal healthcare and justice always inspired me. He may not have been perfect but his good outweighed his bad by a wide margin.

Will did not go out quietly. See below. Angie does not accept the police story and I believe Angie. I will post more when she sends it. Until then, I’ll just say that I will miss Will badly.

Please Note: There is no free speech in this thread. Unkind comments will be deleted.

:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

thats very sad news, i will miss the old grumpy joker

3 Likes

I informed Mark. He was thankful to have been made aware. They weren’t friends but they shared some space and time for many years.

1 Like

why did the police kill him

That’s so sad. He was always nice to me. Complimenting my novice woodworking projects. I’m not sure I had a lot in common with him, although politically universal healthcare and criminal justice reform are probably the two most important topics to me. So we always agreed on that. I’ll miss him. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Will loved Pokey LaFarge. Something in the Water was the second song he posted to BBAD and I did love this song, very much.

There is no question that Will did some thing or things to bring this event on. There’s also no question in my mind that the police did not tell the whole truth in their account. These two facts are not in conflict. When I say I believe Angie, I don’t mean that the police murdered Will. I don’t think she believes that, either. According to her, they just didn’t tell the truth on every point (and no, I’m not going to go into detail…she can if she chooses but it’s not my place to be speaking for her). She definitely also questions whether they could have dealt with this situation without using lethal force. I have no opinion on that as I was not there.

I deleted Bill’s post in this thread. I will leave them in other threads, but I don’t plan to respond.

1 Like

every situation is better dealt with without any lethal force! :wink:

3 Likes

I was really sad to hear this news, Will was always the gentleman to me.
Rest in Peace Will.

4 Likes

Angie sent me some photos. I have to go to a church service but I will be back in a few hours and will post them.

2 Likes

Here’s a photo Michele had of Will when he was young.

Here is a shadowbox Will’s daughter made for him. It meant a lot to him. He sent it to me to post some time ago.

Here are the photos Angie sent me for posting. Beautiful family.

Here’s the chair Will talked about buying not long ago.

Will had a long and interesting life. It’s his time to rest now.

3 Likes

I thought Will was pro gun control and yet wielded with a gun? If he really had a serious psychological problem (which would explain a lot of his behavior on this board) plus an alcohol problem and especially being pro gun control, then he shouldn‘t possess a fireweapon. Thank God he didn‘t hurt someone else.

Will was not pro-gun-control. He owned a gun for as long as I can remember, well back into the 90s at least. Probably much longer.

2 Likes

WHOA! Thats crazy. However, I respect everyone chosing his or her decision to leave this place. In my family I had such a case, too and I still don’t know of his particular reason because his widow wife wouldn’t tell me.

Rats…

“He was struggling with mental problems”

I tell you! Rumors are out indicating he even might have been lefty!
(I hope I don’t get censored for this)

Well, sorry, MyBigMoon, I hope You have finally found Your shalom, Your inner peace where ever You are now. No worldly tyranny and power can oppress or bully you in the realm You are now and I envy that a little. If You read this, I surely enjoyed arguing on bbad with You, especially You “obscene” responses to my pro-Trump postings. Those made me pretty happy, so blessings go out to the realm You dwell now.

PS: I dig Your hippie hairstyle

2 Likes

It’s been 6 hours and 15 days….

:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

Will’s daughter shared some of his artwork with me over the weekend.

“Cable News”

1 Like

very nice that you keep in contact with her

1 Like

Don’t flatter me. She’s been really kind to share.

His Bible was bookmarked to Matthew 12.

2 Likes