U.S. Culture and Attitude

Culture!

Attitude!

Ignorance!

Patriotism.

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.” - Oscar Wilde.

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. - Samuel Johnson

So yes, Michele, plenty of patriotism.

I totally agree.

“We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what’s in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense.”

-Barack Obama

Me and Obama got it wrong. :woozy_face:

Your Obama quote does not describe the hateful trumps actions.

I agree. Obama was foolish on this topic. I wondered at the time if he was sincere or was just lying for political points. I hope the latter. I would hate to think he’s stupid enough to indulge in the childish idiocy of patriotism. I am a citizen of the planet Earth and I am patriotic to that planet and to the human race.

Damnit! Right again!
It only served to mask Obama’s agenda.

I agree and would take it a step further and say he is foolish on most topics.

How can you agree that Obama was foolish on that topic when a few posts ago you stated you agree with Obama on that topic? Or are you saying you’re foolish too?

If I should ever have a lapse in judgement and align myself with Obama, call me foolish.

Certainly. I often think you are foolish so this will be no trouble at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:pleading_face: That was hurtful, Reggie. :pleading_face:

Oh hush, I was just joking.

I know. :smirk:

Here at Utopia, we have a counselor, Dan, and Dr Garcia, who love to play with words. The first word I learned when we arrived was “Cult*ure”, which has nothing to do with this clip. The memory was just triggered when I happened onto this video about those who rule the world. I don’t claim this video to be true in any way. In fact, it would probably go better for me if I call her a liar and suggest she is a nut case.