Stand Your Ground

A shot in his ass.

I get that it wouldā€™ve been ideal to wound and not kill, which is true in almost every case. That said, given that he did what he did and we have the facts that we have, thereā€™s still no way I would charge this guy.

Would you revoke his placard?

The guy who shoved him of course could have stood in the line of fire between his family and told them to drive off. After shoving the guy he was turning away from his family, his wife and two toddlers.

I think it was a ā€œboyfriendā€.

Itā€™s legal to shoot to stop a crime in progress. Not sure it would apply to your CPA.

1 Like

It was a death do part relationship.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say.

So you are familiar with that bar and you know the sheriff? :joy::joy::joy: I love your sheriff! How old are you, Wil?

I agree with the shootings. This guy seemed like an idiot. If I did that I would expect to get shot. Especially by an uber driver in Florida.

1 Like

If the old man was a cop heā€™d be all set.

The guy who was charged in this case has new problems. His lawyer might be a drug addict from the sounds of things.

Unrelated to this case, Florida just pass law allowing teachers to carry in the classroom. It is not required, thankfully.

1 Like

ā€œThe unidentified suspect sets the hatchet down on the counter before raising his hands in the air.ā€ lolololol

Itā€™s a good thing the clerk had a gun.

The Drejka case starts tomorrow. I hope heā€™s found not guilty. I honestly canā€™t believe heā€™s facing trial.

Iā€™ve watched that video. The victim comes out of the store and the shooter is berating his wife so he shoved him to the ground. You could argue the victim was standing his ground to protect his wife. He just did it without a gun. I think the shooter is guilty. He should be found guilty and released with no more jail time. That way he has to give up his guns. My guess is he wouldnā€™t shoot anybody again and thatā€™s what the focus should be. I guess he is racist so that makes it tricky.