Serena

I wanted her to get the record. I wanted Tiger Woods to beat Jack Nicklaus, too, especially after Nicklaus supported Trump. Neither will happen.

Djokovic won. 2 behind Federer and nadal. If he stays healthy, he should catch them. Interesting, that he is in a more modern era but will never be considered as great as federer since he was not as dominant.

I don’t think people think that way. Whoever wins today is considered the greatest. Whoever wins tomorrow will be considered greater than whoever won today.

I just don’t know anyone that thinks djokovic is better than Federer. Of course, he is still behind.

When Federer was in his prime, nobody thought anyone else had a chance. That has never been the case with djokovic.

It is also possible, Federer had weaker competition. Probably, probable. All 3 of them are basically .500 against each other, but Federer has the advantage of becoming great first. Djokovic probably would have blown them all away too, 15 years ago.

Unrelated, I think McEnroe had a good record against Connors, but nobody thinks he was better. He was just younger. And more likable, which is saying something.

Serena is done. She didn’t beat Margaret Court. Tiger didn’t beat Jack Nicklaus. She’s still the best ever, I think.

1 Like

I think she is, too. Navratilova is the only other option, but Serena passed her. If Navratilova played nowadays, she probably would not dominate.

uhm no despite being german i even have to rate steffi graf higher than navratilova or williams since both of those have male genetics/testosterone advantages lol