Bedrock

i would prefer to open the topic with a quote from reg, but the database has space aliens
something like “18 saudis and a sick old man” couldn’t do 9/11
the sick old man was alive for 5 or 10 years after 9/11
give me 18 people and i will set up a field hospital in one hour

Something like that, but not really. There is no racism involved.

I think Saudis and Egyptians are extremely intelligent and are entirely capable of orchestrating a terrorist attack in which large passenger aircraft were crashed into skyscrapers. I do not think one particular Saudi named Hani Hanjour was capable of executing such a manoeuvre but that doesn’t mean I don’t think Saudis are capable of such a thing.

By the way, I also think Americans are entirely capable of faking such an event and planting explosives to create a controlled demolition for three skyscrapers. More importantly, I think their leadership is amoral enough to actually do it if it served their purposes.

this american might
most americans wouldn’t
the chances of enough americans like me meeting each other in ten lifetimes
there aren’t enough question marks in the world to express my disdain for that idea

You don’t need most. You just need a few people in your leadership to be that amoral. The others needed to execute the operation would just follow orders while not knowing the full story.

You wouldn’t think humans would be capable of burning helpless Vietnamese villagers to death and yet we have endless video of American soldiers doing just that. It’s amazing what people can do as long as they can tell themselves they’re just following orders.

those were not americans
they just retweeted it

that’s pretty clever, reg
you don’t think 18 ayrabs etc etc etc
then we’re talking about american war atrocities
i have 18 afidavid’s

You want to talk about Saudis? Ok, let’s start with Hani Hanjour.

Flight Academy Staff members characterized Mr. Hanjour as polite, meek and very quiet. But most of all, the former employee said, they considered him a very bad pilot. “I’m still to this day amazed that he could have flown into the Pentagon,” the former employee said. “He could not fly at all.” ~New York Times

Aviation sources said the plane was flown with extraordinary skill, making it highly likely that a trained pilot was at the helm, possibly one of the hijackers. Someone even knew how to turn off the transponder, a move that is considerably less than obvious. ~Washington Post

“For a guy to just jump into the cockpit and fly like an ace is impossible – there is not one chance in a thousand,” said [ex-commercial pilot Russ] Wittenberg, recalling that when he made the jump from Boeing 727’s to the highly sophisticated computerized characteristics of the 737’s through 767’s it took him considerable time to feel comfortable flying. ~LewisNews

that was a lot
you are a systemic racist
systemic racism is an attitude absorbed from incubating culture
were you raised by wolves?

There’s some truth to this. I think white people are more prone to skin cancer than brown people, and brown people are more prone to heart disease than white people. I think Canadian Inuit are more prone to alcoholism than whites. I note with interest but without understanding that in the incredibly racially mixed city of Vancouver (my home), almost all the homeless people and drug addicts are white. I think blacks are the fastest sprinters and Asians are the best ping pong players.

Race exists in my world. Hate is also a part of my life and I consider it healthy. I hate many people. Racial hatred is not a part of my life and I hate nobody for their race.

lol reg loves everyone… except pitbulls, lazy people, jews, the dutch, feminists, arabs, homosexuals, overweight people, indians, poor people, republicans, whites, less intelligent people, christians, anyone richer smarter or happier than reg… ok basically everyone that isnt reg…

2 Likes

This looks like an entertaining but fictitious thread. I must analyze it.

they found he had trouble controlling and landing the single-engine Cessna 172.

I thought this was funny since there was no plan to land any plane.

You are mistaken. There was no plan to safely land any plane. The act of landing a plane is simply coordinating a location, an altitude and a speed/direction (vector). There was supposedly a plan to “land” the planes at top speed into buildings with no navigational aids at all. There destinations were not programmed into the onboard computers of the aircraft, nor did they emit transponder beacons to help planes land into them. Given this, the story goes that these three incredible pilots allegedly guided two 767s and a 757 at 404 knots (465 mph) into these relatively tiny targets by the seat of their pants. Experienced pilots have described this as an almost impossible manoeuvre to execute. Only the best pilots in the world would be capable of such a feat.

Except they were lousy pilots. One was so bad, he got turned down from further flight school after his first few classes, and aircraft rental companies refused to rent him a plane because he was so bad. And interestingly, none of them missed.

and arabs can’t plan
if you think a few colonials are gonna tell george the third what…
buncha rice farmers living in a shithole country
i didn’t accuse you of hating anybody
i hold you up as an example of systemic racism
the unconscious racism all people have
unless you buy trump’s version of american history where americans are immune to it

I am totally guilty of systemic racism. Just not in the case you raise.

I have no trouble at all believing that Arabs can plan. Anyone who needs proof just needs to look how far Isis got. Or look at the tallest building in the world. Or the very city of Dubai which barely existed a few decades ago and is now a glittering metropolis of skyscrapers.

I don’t believe those particular Arabs planned this particular event. That’s very different.

That was fun.:joy: And on a sad note, unfortunately also true.

reg also suffers from white european guilt
it’s that thing where you come from a culture like england and france
you already ran your country dry, then you found north america
the results, while advantageous to you, leave you feeling a little uneasy about the means
like the people who enjoy a nice brat with a little mustard on toasted rye
don’t look too closely at the brats

some rich man came and raped the land
nobody caught him
put up a bunch of ugly boxes
and, Jesus, people bought 'em

I know this is a bit anal but I’ve wondered about the punctuation of that sentence for 40 years or so.

• and, Jesus, people bought 'em
  • and Jesus-people bought 'em

The first describes shock that anyone would buy those things. The second states that religious nuts bought them. Someone should ask Don Henley (who probably forgot decades ago and would just make something up). Gorgeous song either way.

bunch of ugly boxes and, Jesus, people bought 'em
that from google
i wondered too
otherwise it would have been
and Jesus People bought 'em
which would have been way cooler
more in keeping with the spirit of the song
and maybe what they meant