Prepping

Yes, I would guess that due to your height. So having the heaviest hiking bag at your walking height gives you just the slightest traction with coefficient of friction of terrian and your shoes…hmm you will probably suffer terribly later in life with cancer and when they put you through traction with your body in such horrible condition from just not actually taking a weight bearing step or treading with any force or traction.

Your head must feel like a helium filled balloon going up slopes and trails.

But also I understand something else why you would not only have a heavy hiking bag, would be the increased volume. I’m sure the bag alone would be difficult to lift but attached to your body it wouldn’t take much effort to seize you from behind by the bag and lift you overhead.

I remember you mentioned your favorite movie was broke back mountain…what was it about?

I disliked brokeback mountain. Thought it was really overrated. I like heath ledger’s wife. She was the only likable character.

1 Like

Oh ok it’s not broken back then.

I just carry two small leather pouches on a leather cord around my neck, one with vervain the other with wolfsbane.

:joy: Sorry :joy: Wait…I’m sorry. Why are you doing all that? I mean I’m not against being prepared with food and water but the Bible doesn’t describe the last days in the way you are prepping for it. You know, as in the days of Noah? I’m going to get my nails done if I start hearing of wars and rumors of wars.

In case the Bible is wrong.

And even if it’s right, in case these aren’t end times and we’ll be facing other, different emergencies before Christ returns to Earth. Remember, the Bible warns against setting dates.

First and foremost, I didn’t and am not setting a date but God does give signs to those who watch.

I recognize your half-hearted confession. Thank you. I love you too.

I agree but I’m not very prepared.

Goiter tablets for true muscular neck circumference, Iodine in case of a nuje and happy hour with 3 dollar pints and adult diapers when it is funny.

I’m happy with my multi-tools so this isn’t a priority for me, but I have to admit the Leatherman Charge is far better than any of my current Leathermans. The thing I like most about it is the blade is S30V steel, which is a totally premium steel that keeps a good edge and never rusts. Somehow Leatherman multi-tools just appeal to me far more than dainty and plastic-looking Swiss Army Knives. I have owned them for decades and see no reason to change brands. $170 USD

You know that is just sliver filmed plastic without my touch.

You’re so smart Mark.

I’ve discovered an interesting problem with my prepping lists: it seems waterproof maps are no longer a thing. I can’t find any at all. Now it becomes just a matter of making sure you have downloaded Google Maps Offline for your area and tested it on your phone in airplane mode (to simulate the net going offline). Even setting waterproof aside, there are barely any paper maps available at all, at least none for my area less than a decade old.

Eight months later, I have come around to Will’s way of thinking on this. He was right. A watch is not a useful prepping tool for me. I still think it would be if I was prepping for the kind of apocalypse where I have to survive off the land in the woods by hunting my own food. That’s not real world for me, however. If that’s the kind of apocalypse I end up facing, quite simply I will die in a week and I’m not prepared to put in the kind of training and preparation required to change that fact.

Instead, I need to plan for the kind of apocalypse we’re currently living through with this coronavirus lockdown or other such real-world possibilities. I need to plan for the stores being closed. I need to plan for the borders being closed. I need to plan for money suddenly becoming worthless. I need to plan for transport being stopped. I need to plan for communications becoming controlled and information becoming unavailable. I need to plan for health care becoming unavailable.

I’ve removed survival watches from my prepping list.

Got it.

Get a baby salami.

Now that the watch is out of my prep bag list, I have added this. It’s a power bank with a big light built in, in case the power goes out.
www.amazon.com/Charger-25000mAh-Battery-Portable-External/dp/B07MR5RPLL/ref=sr_1_3

Impressive capacity.

Alex Jones on Emergency Preparedness.

“I will eat you ass” You can do that right now buddy.

1 Like