Japanese Execute Sarin Gas Attackers

Yet again, I find myself against the death penalty but not at all worked up over an execution. These scumbags unleashed sarin gas on a subway. Should they have been killed? No. Will I lose any sleep over them tonight? No. There are better poster-children for the anti-death-penalty cause.

leader of a doomsday cult
Truth cult, which mixed Buddhist and Hindu meditation with apocalyptic teachings,

Oh boy, extremist religious cults always do exite me!

I suggest you not join one in Japan. Unless you don’t plan to hurt anyone in which case it’s fine.

I agree. There is usually a line of who should be killed which is not agreed upon often enough, to make capital punishment illegal, the best option.

I have a friend who’s cousin was raped and murdered at 10 years old by 2 men and buried in cement. We have no death penalty. If you can believe it, one of the men have had parole hearings. This happened in the 90s. I never knew the kid. There is always a public outrage when parole is upcoming. I do wonder if they have been rehabilitated. I doubt it. They probably couldn’t get a job now, so jail is probably the best place.

Two points of interest to me:

1. While I don’t believe in the death penalty, I totally support assisted suicide for prisoners. If they want to off themselves, I think we should help them.

2. Daniel, I find your fascination with extremist religious cults far more disturbing than I found this execution. It is bizarre to me that anyone would find those things appealing.

Is there scripture in regards to bathtub sausages?