Homeless in LA

It’s okay, thinki. As long as there is evil in the world, there will be a need for military and weapons.

military and weapons are the evil in this world

2 Likes

Oh, so when they kill someone evil, that’s evil?

correct

doesnt your bible say: “thou shalt not kill”
and not "thou shalt not kill unless…[insert desired justification] ?

Doesn’t the Bible also say that if someone commits a crime they should be killed?

which commandment is that?

that’s Micheles commandment.

Gone is pretty vague. I didn’t mean dead.

The proper interpretation is, “Thou Shall Not Murder”

Love Thy Neighbor

If anyone pushes someone maliciously, or throws anything at him with deadly intent, 21 or with hostility hits him with his fist so that he dies, the one hitting him is a murderer. The blood avenger may put the murderer to death when he finds him.”
Numbers 35: 20
If the death was an accident, it goes on to say:

But if he pushes him suddenly or throws an object at him with no intent, 23 or without seeing him should drop a stone on him resulting in his death, but he was not his enemy and intended him no harm, 24 the assembly must judge between the manslayer and the avenger of blood according to these regulations. 25 The assembly must protect the manslayer from the avenger of blood. The assembly should send him back to the city of refuge to which he had fled and he is to remain there until the death of the kohen gadol who was anointed with the holy oil.”
Numbers 22: 25

I’m not God but you are welcome to get on your knees and pay homage.

Immediately I was convicted of this statement and I was reminded that when men saw angels they fell at their feet to pay homage and the angels quickly reprimanded them, telling them to not worship them but God, Who deserves all the glory.

christians can be so tiresome.

ah ok, but your commandment is not “thou shalt not murder unless someone else starts murdering because then you are allowed to murder too” ?

so based on that story in numbers you feel free to change the holy commandments of your god and turn “thou shalt not murder” and “love they neighbour” into:
“thou shalt only murder other murderers” and “love they neighbour, kill anyone that murders” ?!

doesnt numbers also have a nice story about your god supposedly possessing a donkey to have a conversation with someone? lol yes:

28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.

33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.”

numbers 31:17-18 is also interesting:

"17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him
18 But all the girls who have not known man intimately, keep alive for yourselves. "

ok ok so if i understand you correctly to be a good christian you should follow the stories in numbers… so if some idiot throws a brick at the window of the house of your neighbour and murders him then you can and should kill that idiot and his entire family except the female virgins, you can keep those for yourself ??!

That’s how I got my virgins. Selah!

The. verb rāṩaḥ is a specific term for murder.

Justified killings are not considered murder. The Bible doesn’t teach imprisonment as a form of punishment, except to hold someone until they go before the court. People who believe Capitol Punishment is murder have been conditioned by the Catholic Church to believe there is no justification for killing a murderer. That the only humane punishment is imprisonment, which is completely contradictory to biblical teaching. Imprisonments became common practice only in the last 300 years.
According to the Bible, most punishments are either by death or restitution.

I don’t know why you’re laughing. In the beginning, a serpent had a conversation with a woman but to answer your question, no.

No, we should follow the Law and learn from the stories in Numbers.

No.

Those virgins would have assimilated into Israeli culture. According to verse 16, the tainted women were guilty of drawing the Israeli men spiritually away from God through lust of the eyes, breaking the 1st Commandment to have no other gods before Me.

Why, they are the ones—because of Balaam’s advice—who caused Bnei-Yisrael to be unfaithful to Adonai in the matter of Peor, so that the plague was on the community of Adonai!
Numbers 31: 16

ah yes lest we forget the good ol’ barbaric times

ah yes lol guess it could be considered normal behaviour for you but to me the idea of possessing an animal to talk to someone is quite humorous

hmm wait… no?! who was the lord that invaded that donkey then? lol

sounds like a good idea although iam not quite sure what to learn from imagining someone possessing animals to talk to people…

ah yes they were tainted and committed the biggest sin of all and the only one that cant ever be forgiven, so they all had to be erased (except the virgins because those were handy entertainment…)

dont you think its a bit uhm how to say this nicely… isnt it “weird” that you can be a massmurderer, a pedophile mutilating babies and go through life stealing and doing no good at all but that all doesnt matter because you can still repent and be good buddies with your god in heaven, but if anyone says bad things about your god they will and can never be forgiven and have to be killed and suffer for eternity in hell?!

how can any sane person follow such teaching and think thats fair?

1 Like

They are the same people who worship trump

Barbaric? Death is a merciful act.

An angel

Maybe if you would stop trying to imagine it and actually read it, you would know the answer. The story plainly states that the Angel of the Lord opposed him because he was a reckless man. It also shows the Angel being merciful to him after he beat his donkey 3 times. From that, you should be able to understand Gods nature. That He both opposes reckless men and is merciful.

Punishment by death was a merciful act upon them to protect their souls.

Why do you accuse me of changing the Holy Commandments while you are creating, in your active imagination, a service for men?

Apparently, you like weird. If society honored God’s Word, we would execute people with the first conviction so that they could do no more evil and serve as an example to deter others from committing an evil act, not to mention the victims that would be spared.

You don’t think there should be mercy in the next life for the person who suffers punishment by death in this life?

The Bible plainly states that blasphemy against the Son of Man will be forgiven but against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, because the Holy Spirit is tender. The Bible says we were created in His image. Our souls are intertwined with His Breath of Life so that to deny God is to deny our own soul, our Holy Spirit.

It bears witness with my soul?

i read it but i think it probably requires blind faith to really understand it… but thank you for your explanation

this leads me to think that this mighty merciful angel of your god had to go undercover inside a donkey (harming a poor innocent creature) in order to catch this man commit a crime in order to show him mercy…

that logic would show me the nature of your god to be insecure and suspicious (the man is expected to commit a crime), lazy and sneaky (order an angel to hide and reveal a crime that may possibly happen) and evil (taking over the life of an innocent creature)

yes in a twisted way that makes sense: there is no need to care about peoples lives if you believe in an afterlife

because you did

what service for men did you imagine i create? how did you turn “handy entertainment” into a service specifically for men?

yes weird can be very entertaining
to me its quite amusing (and scary at the same time) that followers of a so called peaceful religion believe they should become murderers in order to scare other possible murderers and that will somehow save victims…

i think punishment by death is a solution for those without a brain
i dont think there is a next life so it makes sense to me that people should have mercy now and care about themselves and others now

a tender holy spirit or a fragile insecure almighy god dont make any sense to me but i agree that if people stopped believing in such nonsense then that imaginary being would disappear and the world would be a much better place for everyone

That’s probably why I understand it. Maybe I don’t understand you or you don’t understand me. It shouldn’t be this complicated to understand though so I’ll assume it’s my inability to express the meaning into words.

God did not harm a poor innocent creature. If you remember the story, the Angel of the Lord stood in front of the donkey and the donkey reacted.

Catch? The Angel of the Lord stood in the way as an obstacle to oppose him in his reckless way.

The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey which you have ridden as always to this day? Have I ever been in the habit of doing this to you?”
“No,” he said.
Then Adonai opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of Adonai standing in the road with his drawn sword in his hand. So he fell on his face.
Numbers 22: 30-31

Why would God’s nature be insecure and suspicious? He drew the truth from Balaam and immediately opened his eyes to it, neither did the Angel of the Lord hold it against him or he would have died by the sword that very moment.

All the more reason to care about people’s lives. It’s you who dismisses the need to care in this life but then, it makes sense if you think there is no afterlife.

A crime did happen. Balaam beat his donkey 3 times.

Agree to disagree.

If you weren’t implying it was for a sexual service, define “handy entertainment”

Then why are you going to have to die?

What’s the point in mercy for people who don’t believe in Mercy? I showed you Gods Mercy in Balaam but you don’t believe in that mercy. Do you only believe in the mercy you give? Or do you only believe in mercy you see given with your eyes? Tell me, what does mercy look like? Describe it in detail because I’m unfamiliar with mercy here.

according to the text in your bible a lord (which you claim was an angel of your lord) possessed the donkey, dont you think thats tricking that guy and harmful to that donkey?

uhm no, iam definitely not the one promoting killing, you are and you even think its right in the name of your god?

if you take that to court then someone will ask you if you can proof it was a donkey at the time of that spanking and not a kinky and willing lord that possessed that poor innocent creature?

how can you do that? you either believe your given commandment is:

1. thou shalt not kill
  2. thou shalt not kill with an addition similar to: unless you are killing a murderer or someone insulted your spirit, then its fine to murder

since you already have stated you believe in option number 2 you definitely changed it

the point is that i didnt define handy entertainment, it can mean anything people imagine it could be and you shared what you thought it means

for example those virgins could be singing to cheer people up or doing the dishes or walking the dog… etc etc

because iam human and its the definition of life; it needs to have a beginning and an end

whats mercy worth when its only for selected or chosen people?

i believe you believe in that mercy but i dont see any mercy shown in that story:

the donkey didnt get any mercy, the poor thing was allegedly possessed and beaten
the man didnt get any mercy, he was trapped by a possessed donkey while allegedly beating a donkey or an angel or a god
your angel didnt get any mercy, it was ordered to possess that poor donkey and allegedly got beaten 3 times
your god didnt get any mercy, they setup and got to watch and experience an allegedly beating

lol no i dont believe only in the mercy i give, i think every human is capable of giving mercy
but yes in order to recognise something as mercy one would have to see it or experience it or recognise it in some way?

uncle google tells me that mercy is:
“compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one’s power to punish or harm.”

lol no need to describe it in more detail since iam positive you are lying and are very familiar with mercy, you claimed you showed me your gods mercy and even see it where i see none like in the story;)