Coronavirus

Don’t you wish this virus would just go away so everyone could go on with life.

Yes, of course, but I also wish we would get on with life regardless of whether this virus goes away. Masks and social distancing make sense. They are not inconvenient and they don’t materially affect anything. Asking people who exhibit symptoms to self-isolate makes sense. It’s inconvenient for a few people but it’s clearly worth the inconvenience as it protects society from undue strain on the health care system. Shutting down the world will likely kill more people than the virus.

no, wishing is an illogical response and not a sane or effective way of dealing with issues

the virus isnt the real problem; there will always be issues… its the absurd way that people respond to it

True.

Silly nonsense. You have also declared you don’t believe in hope, which is the same thing, really. Your foolish disdain for hope just shows that 1) as usual you haven’t thought this through and 2) after having said something stupid that you hadn’t thought through, you dig in and childishly stick to your guns rather than just admit you hadn’t thought it through and move on.

Nobody would start a business if they didn’t hope to get rich. Most wouldn’t create or invent anything new if they didn’t hope to make money from their invention. Nobody would work on a cure for diseases if they didn’t hope to cure that disease. We would not hunt if we didn’t hope to eat. The entire process of sexual reproduction is based on hope at all steps and the species would die if we didn’t hope to get laid.

Go ahead, now. Dig in. Stick to your guns and defend your hopeless position.

lol or i have thought it through while you are hoping for an answer

hoping for something doesnt get you anything or anywhere, setting a goal and working towards that goal will

Why set a goal if you don’t hope to achieve it? You lose this one, Nico. There is no way this species exists without hope.

you set a goal to achieve it
if you hope to achieve it and dont do anything else you will not achieve it unless your goal is to hope lol

lol nice job and you found all that how? oh by searching and not by hoping…

The hope came first. I would not have searched if I didn’t hope to make you look stupid. Having achieved that goal, I will now go work.

lol hey if it works for you iam happy for you

do try to actually work and not only hope lol

It looks like the hhs secretary is blaming blacks for the mortality and spread. Interesting move. I didn’t realize China and northern Italy had a lot of blacks. This is the first I’ve heard of anyone blaming minorities. Trump clearly giving up on the black vote. Still not sure if it is enough to get blacks out to vote against trump. I’m still interested to see who joe goes with. Hopefully, not a racist.

By asking, you accept a persons choice to self-isolate.

I agree. Sometimes it’s illogical.

I agree. Hope is faith in things unseen. No one hopes for Eternal Peace that publicly denies Christ.

yes its blind faith, like trump having one of this “feelings” lol

I don’t get the joke. I guess I don’t follow after him as closely as you do.

you follow him, you just dont listen to what he says

What a lot of nonsense. Hope is not faith. Hope admits the possibility of failure. Faith does not.

yes its a lot of nonsense lol both are always a failure and a waste of time and energy

You’re right. It’s “faith is hope in things unseen.”

When he says something important, I do listen. Most of the time that’s not necessary. I can go to Twitter and absorb all the available information about his agenda through people who call themselves patriots.

the key phrase being “call themselves.”

That’s a strong accusation against the military you served.

I’m not accusing the military, I’m talking about the backwoods militia maga-goobers who call themselves patriots.