California Shooter FB Post

Authorities have identified a Facebook post believed to have been made by the shooter around the time of the attack, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the ongoing investigation.

In it, the writer says: “I hope people call me insane… (laughing emojis)… wouldn’t that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah… I’m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ‘hopes and prayers’… or ‘keep you in my thoughts’… every time… and wonder why these keep happening…”

I hate to say it but this guy is 100% right.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/us/thousand-oaks-gunman/index.html

I thought the same thing when I read it this morning. 100% right.

Tooo them long enough to put up a photo. Michele, do you agree?

Ever notice that when it’s a clean cut white guy, lots of people die? White people are very efficient.

There were over a hundred people there. Could have been worse, actually.

A terrorist in Australia just stabbed 3 people, killing one. See. Guns don’t kill people. People do.

1 Like

Have you ever noticed how clean-cut, white guys tend to aim before they shoot, unlike black men who shoot at random?

He probably could have killed more people with the second technique. Shooting aimlessly. Place was packed. He was probably a good shot, anyways. He must have been living in hell. Too bad he had to take 12 people. My guess is we will do nothing to change background checks or health screenings. Prayers, probably. Like all the other mass shootings.

I do wonder why he chose a place he frequented. And I agree, something was burdening him. I hate to think he killed them because he was sick of hearing “Ill pray for you.”

There’s truth to this, totally seriously.

This might’ve hit more but would have killed less. As it was, he killed far more than average. We now have enough of these happening that the average person like me has a feel for “normal” mass shooting numbers.

The problem we have is that background checks would do nothing to stop most shooters. Most of them have totally clean backgrounds and many have totally clean health records.

You’re right! These things do nothing to stop them. Considering a gun ban is completely unrealistic and would solve nothing anyway, what can be done about it?

What can be done about it? Stop thinking a gun ban is completely unrealistic and would solve nothing. Every civilized nation has done exactly that.

So now we are uncivilized. Thanks for enlightening me!

You have over 100,000 shootings a year, and over 30,000 gun deaths a year. Last year, Chicago alone had over 600 murders. The entire nation of Canada (with a population about 20 times that of Chicago) had fewer. When Isa comes to Canada, I tell her she can walk alone anywhere she wants at any time of day or night in any of our cities.

It’s easy to abandon a topic by pretending to be offended by my choice of words. Choose whatever words you want. The numbers speak for themselves.

How is wheelchair accessibility?

About average. No better than in the US.

Are public toilets sitdown or standup? Do you know the type I refer to popular in europe?

The move you make when prompted to evacuate bowels with great force…is it sit or stand?

Public toilets look the same as in the US. They are generally quite clean here. I notice in the US that varies greatly from area to area.

Oh ok…

Have you ever seen a stalagmite? I cannot generate force sometimes and regret not having my helpful ph or temp at the time. Do you use internal pressure or gravity assist to attack problem?