BBad 2018

I just hope Pastor Lindstedt received this mail.
bbad is lost without people of faith

PS: here is his current talkshoe channel “DeefusWunder’s Community Call”:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=146188&cmd=tc

Lindstedt is inactive lately. He never got into Gab either.

Had my first crash just moments ago. ERR website does not exist or relocated. Did we break the internet so soon?

Sorry, that was me upgrading the site. I figured everyone was asleep. lol.

Just so everyone knows, this new software needs 30 min of downtime to do upgrades and they release one every few weeks. If the site disappears, please just try again in a while. You can reach me at reg at bbad dot com or reg at natarajan dot ca if it’s down for more than a few hours.

Maybe you overlooked these threads as they seemed to be addressed privately like Christmas cards.
Here is the one sent to me. Please read my posts left for you.

https://discourse.bbad.com/t/big-a/117

I was in consideration of a new thread with the topic of site tweaks, add ons, tricks etc.
I just removed One Click Note from chrome as it is not functioning the way it was before for me. Maybe you know of a similar type add on. Where I could leave a note for something I would want to post later or some site reference. I used to leave small notes on ideas I had that I had no time for research to post as a note that opened with the webpage. I would just delete my note after having referenced to prior thread or post or made a new topic.

I don’t use this but I know a lot of people use Pocket.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pocket/mjcnijlhddpbdemagnpefmlkjdagkogk?hl=en

I should also add, for personal notes I use Google Keep. It won’t save web pages (I don’t think) but it’s handy to have notes on all my devices.

Now that I think about this a bit more, there’s nothing to stop you from storing links in Keep. I think I’m going to start doing that. I quite like Keep.

Well, that lasted only a few minutes. Both the Pocket and Keep extensions for Chrome immediately add a site when you click them, which is behaviour I can’t live with. Back to saving bookmarks. lol.

I wanted something the equivalent of a physical yellow sticky note that would open with a page like this one. I could jot down quick ideas I had at the time to lookup later or respond or create.

I’m mucking with colours. The site will be unreliable for an hour or so.

All done. I made it so I can change the colours depending on the pom.

So how about a new POM?

Um…there is a new POM. Hit F5, maybe, or ctrl-F5.

If anyone wants to know how to mark all posts read, click “Unread” and then “Dismiss”.

It has been two years since we moved to Discourse. Despite the painful updates, that has clearly been a success. I’m not planning to make any significant changes to BBAD Forums.

The Lithuanians continue to get drunk and come to BBAD Chat where they show their penises to each other on webcam. I see no reason to change that either.

BBAD Blab has been a failure in terms of users, but it is running modern chat software whereas BBAD Chat is still running the abandoned 123 FlashChat software which could die at any time. Given that, I’ll probably leave BBAD Blab alone as it will be a place for the Lithuanians to go when the chat software finally dies (and it will die, probably soon).

The reason for this post is that I’m thinking of adding BBAD Fediverse. The Fediverse is an interesting idea. It takes a bunch of small communities like ours and lets them participate in a larger community (5.296 communities with about 1.3 million users as of now). Our little Discourse forum here would be totally unaffected but if anyone wanted to go to fediverse.bbad.com, they’d find a lot more users and activity.

My new business venture is on target to go live within a month so I won’t be doing anything for awhile as I focus on making money. I may add the fediverse in the fall, though.

Happy Anniversary, Reg.

1 Like

Good morning, Reg. Is it too soon to ask what your new business venture is?